July 07, 2006

The Story of the Shawl

You know how you read blogs and see all the wonderful things other people are making and you think, "Gee, I need to make a *********." **** could be socks, a sweater, a cover for my car. Well I was reading one day and blog after blog was shawls. Light lacey shawls. Beautiful wonderful shawls. I needed to make a shawl.

I ordered a pattern and some yarn . This is my first attempt before frogging.

Now I could blame my inexperience at lace knitting. I could tell you that the sun was in my eyes. The pattern was hard to read. I'm not use to knitting on anything but bamboo double points. But all that would be a lie.

The real reason was my old stitch markers weren't lace friendly (aka if you don't put it on the needle between the right stitches then you'll have issues). Damn those nasty old stitch markers. So I did the only thing I could think of and bought new split stitch markers. We'll see how try #2 goes.

No comments: