July 14, 2006

On High Alert!

I'm on high alert. I am ready to spring into action upon receiving a phone call day or night. Clothes put just so to be thrown on my body in 3 seconds. Check. An actual pair of shoes. Check. Full tank of gas. Check. I know where my glasses are, car keys, and socks in progress waiting at the ready.

Military operation? Firefighter? Crime scene tech? Hardly. I'm a grandma waiting to do what I do best ...... babysitting my grandsons. High alert for childcare day or night? We're all waiting for the call that means our granddaughter wants to come out and get spoiled.

Little man W is 3 1/2 yrs old. Little man N is 19 months old. So when the little lady makes her appearance my daughter and her hubby will have 3 children under the age of 4. My daughter knows that she will survive the hectic household because she grew up around here where there were 4 children with the oldest being 5 1/2 yrs old.

But I don't care about any or that at this point. My only thought day or night is, "When are they going to call? What if I'm at the grocery store? Out for my nightly walk? What if I trip in the driveway and can't get to the phone due to a broken leg?" Talk about stress!!!

Gotta go check to make sure I have a dial tone.

No comments: