August 07, 2006

Waiting on the girl.....

My oldest daughter is due any day and we thought for sure my first granddaughter was going to make her appearance Friday. Well, she had other plans and decided not to come out and meet us yet. I had my grandsons Friday and Saturday so not much knitting. I think my granddaughter must hear her soon to be big brothers screaming and she's afraid. I've done my best to reassure her .... offering cookies, candy, staying up past bedtime at Gram's house but she isn't buying any of it.

I had a pretty productive week. Finished 5 more pair of socks for CIC. Did some work on my shawl. Finished the heel flap, turned the heel, did the gusset decreases and started working on the foot of my hubby's sock.
I was pretty pleased with this week's work .... these two could care less. This is a rare picture of Charlie and Joey. Joey is the tiger and Charlie is the brat! He's the annoying little brother to my other two cats. At age 2 he just wants to play and at age 16 Joey just wants to be left alone.

3 comments:

Betty Ann said...

Diane, you have a cat like mine! Except for the markings on his/her face, your kitty could pass for my evil fur monster. What yarn did you use for those gorgeous striped socks? How long does it take you to make CIC socks? (boy am I nosey!)

Karen said...

I'll say you had a productive week!

Hope you get to meet the newest g-child soon!

Lisa said...

I can't believe all those CIC socks you knit! Wow! Great job!