August 29, 2006

Gotta love school

Don't you love it when the kids go back to school? I always looked forward to it just so that we could get some routine back into our days. It seemed like the more we got into summer the more lazy we all became so back to school made sure dinner was on time, laundry was done, and there was more than canned tuna in the house to eat.

This year marks the first time in 20 yrs that I hadn't had a child in the local school system. No one will be rushing to catch the bus on Thursday. I won't have to sign 50 different forms. No running to the store 3 times to get specifically required supplies for each child's 8 different classes.

Instead I sent 3 children off to the local community college yesterday for their first day of classes. Books and tuition on my charge card so no trips anywhere other than the school for supplies. I kind of like this! Gonna be easy ......

Until the call today. "Hi Mom, I locked S1's keys in the car by accident so when D2 comes up can you make sure she has a key for S1's car." D3 has been driving for about a year and so far has managed to lock her keys in the car 4 or 5 times and left the lights on to drain the battery at least twice. At least D3 didn't leave the lights on this time. Think it's gonna be a long semester!

No comments: