June 06, 2007

Dear swap pals

One of these is a scarf, a coffee swap package, and a summer dishcloth package so if you are my swap buddy your package is in the mail.
Finished a pair for my "I love colorful socks" daughter. I rarely find knots in sock yarn. This skein? 3 knots. Oh well, I think they match fairly well.
I haven't been feeling well. I thought I had a cold but really it's a case of startitis. Can't seem to finish another pair so I just keep casting on single socks and ending up with this pile-o-socks. I'd love to tell you I won't add to the pile but I've got 3 new skeins of sock yarn sitting on the couch calling to me ...... "Diane, come on and cast me on. You know you want to."

Today my twin son and daughter are 19 yrs old. Yes, 19 yrs old. Doesn't seem possible that this has happened since they were 2 yesterday. They are wonderful, kind, young adults who will put me in a really nice home when I am old and feeble.

And for something completely different ..... you know how you and your spouse bring different things to the marriage table? I cook, my hubby does the dishes. I clean, he does the gardening. I in charge of Mt Laundry, he changes the oil in the car. Turns out the only thing he really needs me for is .......

putting the paper on the holder. I guess it's a still he hasn't mastered yet.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

The men in my family have the same problem.

monica said...

Oh, I love all your socks, what is the sock yarn that is off white with the green and the pink (on my monitor anyway) and blue. I love it. If it makes you feel any better,I think i am the only person in my house that knows how to put the toilet paper on the holder.

Karen said...

My hubby has the same issue with tp. I don't get how you can't think about replacing the roll when it's almost empty.

Love all your socks-in-progress. I have a case of startitus happening over here too!

Anonymous said...

Both my husband *and* my daughter have the same problem!

Anonymous said...

The socks match up really well. :~) So far I haven't ended up with socks with missing mates but we'll see if I can keep it that way.
lol....we have the same problem with the TP! I wonder if that is something pre-programmed into a guys DNA. :~)

Zoanna said...

I come to your blog for uncontainable laughs, Diane.

It's a fact. Men (from 5 to 45) in this house do not change TP. They will find a different toilet before they find a new roll under the sink. Seems to me, anyone old enough to change their underwear is old enough to change the TP.

Lynn said...

Hey, at least the paper made it to the general area!! I'm not always so lucky!!

Love the socks and love the packages getting ready to be mailed. Something abt packages that make me smile......(esp ones with fiberly goodness in them)

Anonymous said...

The socks are all gorgeous, even if they are only singles at the moment.

I've never met a man yet that knew how to change a roll of tp properly, so your hubby is in good company. LOL

Rachel said...

Oh that's too funny! I don't think my husband has ever even seen a toilet paper holder. Isn't that just like a man to place it right above the thing? My goodness, what a funny picture!

My husband takes off his clothes, and then dumps them on the floor 6 inches from the laundry basket *sigh*. Oh well, they're all sweet neanderthals at times!