June 17, 2007

Auntie's education and more

W and N slept over Friday night. In the morning Auntie N decided to get them breakfast before she went off to work.

W: Where's the hole in the middle of my bagel?
Auntie: It's there but the cream cheese covered it over.
W: Well get it back.
(Auntie had to get the knife and get the cream cheese out of the hole in the middle).
W: That's much better. They don't taste good without the hole.

Auntie: What do you want for breakfast?
N: Flake cereal.
(Auntie pours some corn flakes into a small bowl for N)
N: No not these. I was the flakes covered in candy. (frosted flakes)


We had a combined birthday party for my dad, hubby, and the twins on Friday night. Tonight W called to discuss important things.
W: Gram, do you have any cheesecake from the party?
Me: Yes I do.
W: Well I didn't get any cheesecake.
Me: You didn't? That's sad.
W: Yes it is sad. I got chocolate cake and chocolate and vanilla ice cream but I didn't get any cheesecake.
Me: Ok, next time you sleep over I'll get cheesecake for you.
W: Then I can have some and I won't be sad anymore. Cheesecake always makes me happy.

Next up was N.
N: Hi Gram. Do you have chocolate cake?
Me: Yes I have some chocolate cake left over from the party.
N: Good. I like chocolate cake with banilla ice cream. Chocolate makes me happy.

Must run in the family because cheesecake and chocolate make me happy too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol...bagels don't taste as good without the hole. Too Cute! :~)

Rachel said...

Priceless! I'm just dying of laughter right now! Thanks for sharing those treasures!

Lynn said...

I love the minds of young children. They arent cluttered with grown up stuff yet and they have a great way of looking at things!!
And I agree, cheesecake and chocolate makes me happy too!!