February 06, 2007

The bedroom set take 2

Well, the correct bed was delivered so hubby and I will get everything moved into the room this weekend. I told the delivery guys to call me Mrs. Picky Bitch and boy did they turn red and sputter out apologies. They were cold and cranky but that's no excuse for being rude.

Knitting on a few socks currently but nothing to show for it yet. I've got one by my desk for conference calls and two downstairs for tv watching. S1 set up my new exercise bike so I'll have to try knitting and riding tomorrow. Hope that works out. If not it could turn into a funny story.


My oldest daughter and her hubby found a house. They signed paperwork tonight to move forward with the mortgage. I've got mixed emotions about the whole thing. I'm happy that they found something but I'm sad because it's an hour away. I've been soooooo spoiled having my grandchildren 15 minutes away. It'll be sad not to be shopping and just drop in to say hi and play a little. I'm sure I'll feel better soon but for now I'm having a pity party and I'm the guest of honor.

7 comments:

Lovs2Knit said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lovs2Knit said...

lol....bet you made them feel ashamed to know that you heard what they said. You are so lucky to have your kids so close. My mom is 13 hours away and wanting to be close to her grand babies and me. She wants me close for knitting advice. The funny thing is she taught me.

monica said...

I think good costumer service is a thing of the past. Sorry about the babies moving away, but an hour is not that far, it will be an adjustment though I am sure, for you and them. Oh, and I love your yellow socks a few posts down, those are very nice.

Lisa said...

Way to tell them! There's no excuse for rudeness.

So are you still alive, or did your yarn get caught in the exercise bike and hurl you over the handlebars? Haha just kidding.

Sorry about the kids moving farther away. You will just have to make plans to see them as often as possible. Buy yourself some yarn, it makes you feel better hehe. (especially sock yarn!)

Debra said...

My family is close by-- it's nice to see them as often as we want.

I've decided to not look at Web's site for a long, long period of time... :)

gypsyknits said...

Buy some yarn, that'll make you feel better about the move. May take a few trips but it's worth a try. LOL

Karen said...

It's hard when they are not close by. An hours not too bad though. It will just take a little more planning.