April 29, 2008

Signs of spring are everywhere

Flowers, flowers everywhere you look. My daughter was complaining that she couldn't find any cute little girl shoes around so I picked up a pair of cheap canvas sneakers and painted them with flowers in girlie colors.
If you live in CT Laurel Ridge is one of the best kept secrets in the state. Back in 1941 a couple in Litchfield, CT decided to plant some spring flowers on their farm. They kept adding to them year after year and the flowers themselves kept multiplying year after year.
And this is only a small fraction of them on a lovely Sunday stroll with my hubby.
This entire hillside is covered in flowers. Flowers everywhere.
And me thinking ..... hummmmm I know how to plant flowers .......

8 comments:

Lovs2Knit said...

Cute shoes!

Laurel Ridge looks like a beautiful place to visit.

Anonymous said...

Great job on the shoes! They're so cute.

Laurel Ridge is gorgeous. Makes me want to go out and plant bulbs in the yard.

monica said...

Those shoes are adorable, you did a fantastic job.

The springtime flowers are beautiful. My grandfather used to have about an acre of gladiolas that were gorgeous, that picture made me think of that.

Ruth said...

Love the shoes--you need to make yourself a matching pair!

Laurel Ridge is beautiful!

Tracy Batchelder said...

The shoes are really cute! And I love the fields of flowers. Breath takng!

Anonymous said...

The sneakers are adorable! There was a children's boutique here in town selling sneakers like that a couple of years ago. They were going for $$$!

Sooooo, is this what your yard will look like next year????

Vivian said...

What beautiful flowers! Thank you for posting them. Your little girl must be the envy amoung her friends.

Lynn said...

Love the flower pics. What a great idea!

and those shoes are ADORABLE!!!! Something I need to remember to make Baby Girl......