April 19, 2008

Whatever

Work has been nuts. I've been helping out in another department. It's a very nice department and they have all fallen in love with me. The supervisor wants to keep me but since my current supervisor had to work so hard to get me I don't see a transfer any time in my future. I love learning new stuff so it's been interesting for the past 3 weeks. You know the best part of my job since I work at home is that I get to meet people from all over the country all the time while never leaving my house.
Yesterday my son the techno geek was inducted into Epsilon Pi Tau; one of only 2 from his college. I was shocked that he applied but knew he'd be accepted. It's nice to see him come out on his own. He's always been 'one of the twins' but now he's standing on his own without his twin sister around. And there has been some knitting going on. I've been sock knitting for the Cheyenne River Sioux kids. I love using up some of the stash in larger quantities than baby socks.
Blue socks in knit pick essential knit to a man's size 8. Hey some kids have big feet.
Remeber the never ending black socks I was making for my dad? I didn't finish off the toe yet (want him to try them on to make sure they fit first) but at least they are so close to being done. These are Opal uni black yarn. I just can't stress enough how much I hated every friggin stitch in this boring pair of black socks.
These socks are super red. Put on your son glasses red. Knit to a child's size 13 and being donated too. Along with these woman's size 7 in knitpicks essential maroon.
Missy A's sweater has been in this state of knitting for 2 weeks. I forgot to get some measurments and for some reason I have it stuck in my head that this sweater is absolutely the wrong size. The girl will be over this afternoon so I'll measure her and get back to knitting soon. I love how it's coming out!

11 comments:

Lovs2Knit said...

I love my hubby dearly but I've already told him he isn't getting black socks or sweaters out of me. :~)

monica said...

Well black and boring you may find them to be, but they still look fantastic and they will keep someones' feet vert warm

That little sweater is looking so cute and great spring colors.

Anonymous said...

Your socks are all great.
I bought some black alpaca yarn in fingering to make socks for my hubby. But since he has never worn a single thing I've knitted for him over the years, always coming up with one stupid excuse after another one, I have been hesitant to make the socks. I didn't think about how boring it will be. GAH! Now I don't know if I even want to try. hahaha

Take care, :)

Anonymous said...

I knit some navy socks for myself one time. I love the socks but I hated knitting them. Congrats to your son!

gypsyknits said...

Congrats to your boy!
Black socks are boring but they don't show dirt:)
Are you sure you don't have the knitting fairy union working for you:)Good Job!

Lynn said...

I LOVE that sweater!!! I'm loving how the color of the yarn works so well together. It's going to be beautiful!

Great socks too. You needed to add some of that red into the toes and heels of those those black socks to break them both up a bit! LOL

Karen said...

Wow, you've been busy! Black socks may be boring to make, but they'll go with anything! :)

Just A Knit Wit said...

I adore the color you chose for the sweater. The way that it's knitting up makes me think of flowers. Delicate pink and white flowers with their soft leaves peeking out here or there.

Tracy Batchelder said...

Congratulations to your son! I know you are proud of his achievement.

Great looking socks! I hope the sweater is the right size. I love the way the yarn is knitting up.

Ruth said...

Congrats to your son, and to you for knitting so many socks!

There's no way I would knit a pair of big black socks--more power to you!

Betty Ann said...

Congratulations to your son .. but wait ... you've been helping out in another department? You have a job outside the home AND do all this knitting for others? Amazing. I love your blog.