October 11, 2007

More knitting than blogging lately

Finished the sixth sense socks made from Opal Smoke.
Woke up the other morning to these guys sitting on my kitchen counter. D2 was at the open house for Bender Kitchen and Bath's new showroom and was given one of these for each of her neice and nephews.
Don't know if I'm feeling this or not but how about a sock of leftovers? D1 will love it.
The never ending blob-o-lace.
And these pretty green socks made from Opal Prisma from my stash.

The grandsons were supose to sleep over last Friday night but W was sick. So I just had N. He was so cute that I decided to keep him all weekend. We watched dvds, had snacks, played, did a little reading, went out for lunch on Saturday (he had a huge chocolate chip cookie for lunch at a local cafe'), played, napped, went to the park, went out to dinner, and had a great time. When I went to take him home Sunday he was crying, "No Gram, I want to stay with you forever." Well seriously who wouldn't?

When N got home his brother grilled him about everything he did for the weekend. But the cutest thing was N sitting on his mom's lap and saying, "Mommy, can you keep me here forever?" HEY!!!! Thought you wanted to live with me forever? Those 2 yr olds are always changing their minds.

10 comments:

Fancy Pants said...

I think there is a collective "let's make socks from leftover sock yarn" thing going on in the knit world at the moment. I just saw a finished pair of leftover socks on another blog and they were really cool. I love the idea and, after reading about yours, I think I may do that myself, once I knit enough socks to acquire two socks worth of leftover sock yarn, that is. You always do such lovely knitting. I hope you are having a great day!

Eikon said...

But I've got so much new sock yarn. Though there are a number of small leftover balls accumulating.

Lovs2Knit said...

You've been busy. I don't think I have enough for leftover socks yet. Guess I need to knit more socks. :~)
Hope W starts feeling better!

aksunflour said...

The color patterns in the Opal Smoke are really cool.

The ducks are adorable, and I have yet to leave my 2 1/2 yr. w/Grandma overnight.

Mia said...

gotta love those duckies :)

Karen said...

The things your grandkids say always makes me smile.

Great socks! I really like the Prisma colorway.

Anonymous said...

Love the green Opal Prisma socks. Green is my favorite color. LOL

I've been thinking about using my leftover sock yarn to make a fun pair of socks too. Yours are looking great, so maybe that will inspire me to go ahead and take the plunge myself.

Have a great day. :)

Corinne said...

Hi, Diane. I love all of your socks. I just found out this morning that we are swap partners. I couldn't wait to come over and say HI. I really like that pumpkin cloth. My kids would love it. We are crazy for Halloween over here!!

monica said...

I have made few pair of socks with left over balls I loved the look of them when they were finished. All the other socks looked wonderful too.

And those ducks are so cute.

Lisa said...

Ugh, those little sock yarn balls. I actually kinda hate them. They make me feel guilty all the time for not using them. Right now I am even trying to think up a design just for using them up. I'll let you know if it works out.