October 20, 2007

The half.com deal

Just clicking around the other night and I found this. The Disney book of knitting.
Pulled from a library out in community college in Wisconsin. I guess people don't flock to community college libraries looking for knitting books. Sad but true.
I'm not all that taken by the patterns they have in the book. Some are really pretty like this sweater and some are really awful. However .........
There is charting on a ton of disney characters. What a find for $1.50. Shipping media mail ended up costing more than the purchase of the book.

8 comments:

Lovs2Knit said...

Great find! I never thought to go haunt half.com for knitting books.

bobbi said...

i love disney, what a great book!
the picture of your different color yarn socks didn't show on the KAL blog, so i'm here on your blog site to see them.
i wanat this book.

z's momma said...

What a good bargain. Is the whole book charted Disney(tm) figures or are there stuffed animals and such?

Lynn said...

Hmmmmm, nice book. Even if you dont like their patterns, you can definitely create your own!!

Deborah said...

well that makes you and I, the only two nuts who go to obscure book places looking for knitting books!

monica said...

Our library has that book I have checked it out on several occasions but have yet to knit from it.

gypsyknits said...

This book is awesome. If nothing more than to say, "I have it." LOL What a deal!

Bubblesknits said...

I just got my FIAD package today! Thank you so much! Everything is wonderful and I can't wait to tear into the milk chocolate raisins! LOL I'll blog later today. Thanks again!