October 14, 2007

The best pal continues and $8.98

Aren't these just so cute? Excuse the awful picture but it was overcast and horrible this morning. Anita put them in the spider web kit in my dishcloth exchange package. I put them back on the pins since I started using them the minute I found them. What a super talented gal you are, Anita! Check out her esty shop for these (with a much better picture) and many more wonderful things.
Plugging along I finished 1 of my Opal green prisma socks (casted on the second one already) and one of my leftover socks. All I can say about the leftover sock is that it doesn't suck as bad as I thought it would. This picture was taken this morning and I'm already almost done with the second leftover sock. It doesn't match but I didn't expect it to.
I got this wonderful package from Jane for her show your socks contest. The yarn has been sitting on my couch trying to let me know it if wants to be socks or mitts.
I was assigned the task of knitting hats for W and N to go with their Halloween costumes. This year they are going to be turtles. W will be a blue turtle and N will be a green turtle. So I picked up some yarn over the weekend to make them hats for their turtle heads.

And since I saw picking thru the clearance stuff I decided to get these. The yarn is called jewlery box? and it was $1 per 2 oz skein. I think I'll make a couple scarves and donate them to the human services department. Every year for the holidays they have families come in and pick out gifts so I think some child might pick out a nice scarf for mom. So add another $8.98 to my yarn total for the year.


I signed up for the MS3 but never got around to knitting the shawl. It was a lovely pattern so I just bought it instead and will make it sometime in the future. 2 versions for the shawl so it's money well spent.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those stitch markers are cute and creative! I like the yarn you got from Jane, such nice colors.

Kat said...

Aww, its nice that you buy yarn an dknit for such good causes. Well done!

Becky in Iowa :O) said...

Those are way cool stitch markers.

aksunflour said...

I love the purple/blue colors of the jewelry box yarn. Some child will love to give it to mom.

Knitting mittens out of sock yarn.... You have given me an idea.... must go cast on. Thank you

Lovs2Knit said...

The stitch markers are cute! Must go check out etsy store. One can never have too many cute stitch markers.

Anita said...

Thanks for the plug!! You are too nice (I won't tell anyone) :)
I like your scrap sock!! It doesn't suck at all!! Good idea, I'll have to hang on to my scraps for a pair for myself...

monica said...

Those are the cutest stitch markers.
I am sure W and N will look so cute as turtles. I can't believe they are still popular. My nephew was a big fan of the turtles 16 years ago.
I need to get busy with some knitting for CIC thanks for the reminder. I have been a slacker this year so far.

k said...

I adore those candy corn stitch markers! And I can't wait to see the turtle costumes.

Maureen said...

Love the stitch markers. They are too cute! The socks are coming along well! I will have to make some leftover socks someday soon to help with my stash!

Olga said...

I lOVE LOVE LOVE those stitch markers! Your a lucky dawg to get them. And I'm intrigued by those left over socks! I think they are neat! And yes madame, I shall LOTS of soap on hand, just in case!

Anita said...

Hi Diane, Sorry but you have been tagged! Check my blog for the "tagging info". I just don't know that many people in the blogging world yet, who else would I tag? :) Hope everything is going good for you & you are feeling better!!

Mia said...

VERY cute :) Love those little pumpkins.

Corinne said...

Hi Diane I love the stitch markers. I have been tagged and now I have tagged you. I thought that it would be fun!! :)