October 23, 2007

Knitting along

The view today; cloudy, a little overcast with rain coming in. We really need the rain. Funny how lately either you have too much rain or not nearly enough no matter where you live.
This is a yucky picture of my Adamas shawl before blocking. It looks much nicer in real life than it does in this picture. I added a repeat in the body so it's heavier, longer and wider. Think this one will get a ton of wear this winter.
Hat for a giant? Purse to be felted? Nope. I finally figured out what to do with the scratchy yarn I bought that I couldn't use to make socks for CIC. Felted kitty bed. My cats are indoor/outdoor country cats. So I'm making a couple of these to throw on the covered front porch and I'll put some fleece in so if they happen to be outside during the winter they'll have a nice warm spot to nap in after they catch a mouse or two.




4 comments:

monica said...

The shawl is so pretty I love the colors.
And I love the pics of the fall looking trees. We neeed the rain too, but it makes the leaves fall faster, and I don't think they stay on nearly long enough as it is.
Your kitties will love the new beds and they probably won't mind the scratchy yarn at all.

Eikon said...

What sort of yarn is that? I love the browns.

Barb said...

the shawl looks really pretty:)

Lynn said...

How long did it take you to knit up that cat bed? I cant wait until its felted and a kitty is sleeping in it!