May 15, 2007

Dishcloth swap questionaire

Q: When did you learn to knit? Who taught you?
A: I learned at around age 10. I wanted a super cool knit poncho which was all the rage at the time. I was trying to get my Grandma to make me one but instead she handed me knitting needles and some yarn and taught me how to knit.
Q: What was your very first completed object?
A: A super cool knit poncho that was deep purple, baby blue, and light pink. I shutter just thinking about that color combination. It also was a turtle neck with a zipper front. Frightening!
Q: Most recent finished object?
A: Socks that I haven't posted to the blog yet; just finished this evening.
Q: What was the very first thing you sent to the frog pond?
A: I really don't remember.
Q: Most recent thing sent to the frog pond?
A: Socks because of a knot in the yarn.
Q: What's currently on your needles?
A: Socks and a shawl. Only 8 rows left on the shawl!
Q: What types of needles do you enjoy working with?
A: My trusty bamboo double points seem like they are in my hands all the time. I also love the new knitpicks options needles for lace knitting.
Q: What types of needles have you tried and hated?
A: I don't much care for the good old fashion metal single point needles. They seem too heavy and when working on larger project they tend to make my hands tired.
Q: Have you knit dishcloths before?
A: Yes and not too long ago.
Q: What was your favorite one?
A: Really don't have a fav one.
Q: Least favorite one?
A: I just finished knitting one in the round and hated doing it. It came out great but I hated every stitch.
Q: Do you use homemade dishcloths or face cloths yourself, or give them as gifts, or both?
A: Homemade dishcloth in the kitchen at all times. I also give them away as gifts.
Q: What are your favorite and least favorite scents? (For your body, such as soap/lotion/etc)
A: Love lavender and anything citrus. I don't care for strong florals.
Q: What are your favorite colors?
A: Anything but black, white, cream, and brown.
Q: What colors (if any) are your bathroom and kitchen decorated in?
A: Blue, green, and maroon.
Q: What other hobbies and crafts do you enjoy?
A: Reading, counted cross stitch.
Q: Chocolate: Dark? White? Milk? Ew?
A: Dark chocolate
Q: Do you like salty treats? What kinds?
A: No not a salty treat eatter.
Q: If you could go anywhere in the world for one day and spend the day any way you wanted, where would you go and what would you do?
A: I'd go to Alaska and watch the whales.
Q: Do you have any allergies? (Yarns, foods, etc. that might impact what your pal can send)
A: Ragweed so a dishcloth made from goldenrod is out of the question. lol

No comments: