September 07, 2007

Fall into Autumn dishcloth exchange questionaire

Have you signed up yet? Closes tomorrow.

1. Do you knit or crochet? How long have you been doing it?
I'm a knitter. I've been knitting for about 38 yrs. I also crochet but really not very well at all.

2. Have you made dischloths before? Do you use them yourself, give them as gifts, or both?
I've made them, used them, and gifted them.

3. What's your favorite cotton to make cloths from? What cotton would you like to try that you haven't before ?
I really don't have a favorite cotton.

4. If you knit, do you prefer circular or straight needles? For all, do you prefer wooden, metal, or plastic needles?
I've got an addiction to my knitpicks option circular needles for most of my project and bamboo double points for socks. I've got about 30 pair of straight needles that I no longer use.

5. What are your favorite colors? Any colors you don't like much?
Blue, green, and purples. I don't care much for browns, blacks, or whites.

6. What do you like best about Autumn?
Autumn is my favorite season of all. I live in New England so the leaves are gorgeous, the apples are crunchy, and the weather has that perfect nip in the air.

7. Pies: Pumpkin? Apple? Pecan? All of em? or No Thanks!
Not really much of a pie person. Apple if I had to choose.

8. When you were a kid, were you the one who couldn't wait to get started with school , or the one who overslept on the 1st day?
Neither. I usually was up early but that was because I was worried about everything. Who would be in my class? What if the teacher didn't like me? Would I get blisters walking to and from school in my new leather shoes (back in the day when you couldn't wear sneakers and you hadn't had shoes on your feet all summer)?

9. Do you celebrate Halloween? (The real key here guys is especially knowing if you have an aversion to the holiday or little goodies/decorations associated with it, given the timeframe of the swap)
Yes I love halloween. I have a home made grave yard that I set up every October. When my kids were younger we'd always do home made costumes. Always a fun time.

10. If you had to choose just 3 edible 'goodies' to eat for a full year, what 3 would you choose?
Anything chocolate, nuts, and pretzels. I'm a pretzel addict.

11. Do you have any pets? Kids? Husbands who seem like kids? ;)
I have a hubby of 24 yrs. He's a peach of a guy who loves handknit socks. I have 4 children ages 19-24. I have 3 grandchildren who I adore. And I have 3 cats. 2 are very nice and one is a major pain in the ass.

12. If you were to describe a particular yarn that shares traits of your personality, what would it be and why?
Good old worsted weight wool. No frills, basic, down to earth yarn to get the job done. Of course I have my lace and socks weight moments since a girl can't be tough all the time. lol

13. Do you use your cloths mostly for dishcloths, or as facecloths?
Dishcloths and wiping up spills.

14. Favorite Fall Holiday: Halloween or Thanksgiving and why? (Feel free to share another fall memory if you do not celebrate either of these holidays)
Thanksgiving. I was actually born on Thanksgiving day back many many yrs ago. When I was a kid we'd always get together with aunts, uncles, and a ton of cousins over at my aunt's house for a huge thanksgiving meal. I don't remember the food although I'm sure it was great. But I do remember playing with my cousins so much that I'd fall asleep in the car on the way home and my dad would carry me up to bed.

15. Do you have any allergies or aversions your pal should know about?
I'm allergic to goldenrod and am afraid of snakes and heights.

2 comments:

Maureen said...

Have fun on this exchange! Love the little jumper you have been working on. Which button did you finally choose? Love the Noro colors too.

Anonymous said...

Hi! Secret swap pal here.... Ok, I'm ready to get started spoiling you!!! Sorry it took so long to contact you today.... I work full time so you will hear more from me in the evenings. So, what are your favorite Halloween goodies? I love chocolate but not fond of candy corn! :)

PS - love the cat story! Did you have to go get her?