April 18, 2007

Lace never looks good in progress

Tilly shawl just waiting for i cord bind off and blocking. The yarn is knit picks gossamer which is wonderful to knit with. The color is Sweet Pea. My ISE4 pal likes jewel tones so I don't know if this will be sent off or not. I decided that the maroon shawl will be a gift for my sister in law. The color isn't deep enough for my pal.
This one is in knit picks's gossamer also. The color is Leprechaun. Pattern is the Adamas Shawl which is also from knit picks. I'm on repeat 7 of the body.
Even close up unblocked lace looks like something the cat threw up!
Current knitting book from the library. Really nice book. Still fence sitting about buying it at this point. Do I really need another book of patterns? Probably.

9 comments:

KnitterBunny said...

Even lace "cat puke" is progess and personally, I like to see it! :)

Anonymous said...

lol...I know what you mean. My project looks like cat puke right now too. Mine is double stranded though.

Anonymous said...

Love the colours of both shawls, and just in case you were wondering, you can never have too many books...

Metro Mari said...

CAT PUKE!!! No Way! I think it looks great! the colors are so spring-like. I love that color! I expecially like how it looks photographed with the tracks and toy trucks!

I agree with Ruth!! You can never have too much yarn or books!!

Karen said...

2 shawls going at the same time! You may not *need* another knitting book but if you like it and want it, well that's all that matters.

Just A Knit Wit said...

Oh I've been debating getting that green colorway from KnitPicks. Thanks for posting a pic of it knit up, now I know I'll be buying it.

Hope you're feeling better, and the little ones too.

Debra said...

I think unblocked lace looks rather nice! It's even better afterward, though.

The Sweet Pea colorway is really beautiful.

Maureen said...

Love both shawls! Amazing lace work you do!

Mia said...

yES, of course you need another pattern book!

Sillly girl.