September 08, 2006

Of course I needed more yarn.....

Thanks for all the comments on my CIC sock o rama. I'll tell you the true story about this sock adventure next week when I get some time to type. Today's post is all about the yarn.

No really I did need more yarn. Honestly would I lie to you? 10 balls of the new essential with the flecks of color to make socks for W who loves blue. The green will probably be socks for my hubby.
And of course with fall coming up I needed to get some yarn to make hats and mittens for both the little boys. Blue of course for W and N loves yellow but I figured I'd do green with yellow accents so it wouldn't have to be washed as much. Finished these for hubby. They are redish orange with tones of browns. Interesting but not really a fave for me.
And finally I was suffering sock envy. So I ordered some parade in crayon and daffodil. It was on sale so really why not? Since I work at home and run around in socks all winter I figured that a couple pair of nice sports weight pair would be nice. The crayon is sold out now so they must be getting to the end of this yarn.
So that's about it for today. Going to the Fall Festival tomorrow morning but haven't figured out who with yet. Weather is going to be beautiful so it'll be a fun day.

1 comment:

Maureen said...

Wow! I love all that yarn. My husband would love those socks. I have to have orange in any pair I make for him! Nice job again on all those cic socks!