September 11, 2006

It's a blue thing

Was a little caught off guard to see this guy in my yard. Interesting and useful (had a ton of other bugs in his web) but I scurried back in the house after taking this pic.
This has been a slow knitting week for me. I finished a pair of socks for W and started another. The blue opals are going to be for my son in law but I'm sure W will want them since they are blue and blue is his favorite color.

So 5 yrs ago today it was a bright sunny summer day. I was just leaving work (back when I worked part time in the office) to go to a dentist appointment when the news that a plane had hit the World Trade Center came across the news. When I came back from my appointment it was apparent that this was no accident. I live in CT, the next state over from NY so just about everyone knows someone working in NY. The bosses let everyone who wanted to leave go home. I worked at home glued to the TV for the next week.

Today everyone and their brother has a story about that day. Some will launch into right and wrong, who is to blame, who is responsible, why were signs missed. Personally I'm not going down that road. I'm on September 11th TV avoidance today. I prefer to spend today reflecting on the tragic loss of life terror has brought to the world instead of watching the policitians and newcasters put their spin on events.


So if you get a chance today just send healing thoughts to those who need them to get through today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for visiting my blog, and I am returning the courtesy. I am really impressed with all of your CIC socks. Right now I am working on Caps to the Capitol, but I have nowhere near as many caps as you have socks. But then I did just begin. I will probably be getting invovled in the CIC sock program too eventually. It's such a wonderful thing to do and a fun way to help others. Your blue socks are beautiful, of course. And as to your spider.....I have a gorgeous photo of the exact same variety that I found in my flower garden a while back. It must be a spider that enjoys our cooler climes.

Have a great day,
Sandie

Karen said...

You sure do churn out the socks! :)