November 28, 2007

The latest finish socks

Looking for a picture of them? Keep looking because there isn't one. The crew was over for a birthday party yesterday and W was quite excited because I was just finishing his socks. Nice sky blue with maroon toes. I had just finished weaving the ends on the last sock when suddenly there was a squealing child in front of me who exclaimed that "these socks will make me run very very fast" as he yanked them out of my hands, sat down on the floor, pulled off the store bought ones, put the handknit ones on his feet, and promptly ran off. It's nice to be so appreciated.

6 comments:

Cate said...

exactly why I LOVE knitting for my kids!

Becky in Iowa :O) said...

hehehe Your grandkids are always such a hoot.

Anonymous said...

LOL, well they were definitely successful!

monica said...

It is wonderful that they appreciate it. My kids could never understand why all their friends moms didn't make socks for them : ) their friends always want the hand knit goodies too.


Happy Belated Birthday!!!!

gypsyknits said...

Wow! That child learned well! My kids' friends always want the handknit socks. Even the adult kids' friends. I'm lovin' it. Doesn't it just make you heart feel good?

Lovs2Knit said...

lol....successful socks! Hope the helped him run very very fast. :~)