November 08, 2007

$76.90

Ok so I'll admit that this could be an issue. Opal Herbstmelodie, Rainforest Tiger, Opal neon colors 1935 and 1934, and Oneline Walking color 852. But Simply Socks was having a sale and since there's a new baby in their household I felt competed to make a purchase.
Normally I wouldn't feel bad but since I just joined the Sock Stash Elimination Campaign it seems like an odd purchase. Not that I ever feel bad about sock yarn ..... since there's a bunch in my stash that I'll be using to knit for charity so hopefully I'll ultimately end up with less sock yarn than I started with.

I'm having trouble with my beloved bamboo double points. Seems like the points aren't quite what they use to be so I decided to order a couple circulars from knitpicks and learn how to do 2 socks at a time on 2 circulars. Always up for a challenge so I can't wait for my order. I also got some other supplies which don't ever count toward my yarn spending. But I did pick up a few skeins of lace weight yarn .... only because it was on sale. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Don't these look nice? Maybe my youngest would like a pair of these? I'll have to ask.

Still knitting along on socks for N. I really love the blue foot with the olive toes. I sent one pair up to his house the other day and they fit great. Hope to have another 2 pair done if they happen to come down tomorrow. W is sick once again. This time he has croup. Poor kid gets one lung issue after another.

8 comments:

Lovs2Knit said...

How could you not resist. I'm only resisting because I need all the extra money for Christmas plus I joined the Campaign too. :)

Barb said...

Love the new sock yarns, especially that really pink Opal :)

Patricia said...

I read somewhere that sock yarn doesn't count!

Anonymous said...

The sock yarn is gorgeous! I've been trying not to buy sock yarn but I'm getting the urge for new yarn.

Maureen said...

I almost sucomb to that sale too. But I held back and ordered a CHristmas gift instead. I may have to go and check out what she has left this week! ENjoy your new stash additions!

Lynn said...

Ok I'm loving that sock yarn!!!! And fighting the urge to avoid that site!!

Ruth said...

I bought some skeins from the same sale! I had no real reason to do it, other than it was on sale.

gypsyknits said...

WOW! I love this yarn. Nice colors. Sock yarn doesn't count.