November 27, 2007

Happy Birthday to me .....

When I was younger I thought of 49 as old. Now that I'm 49 I think of 100 as old. I call these birthday the "countdown to senior discount birthdays" since I can already drive, drink, smoke, and rent a car. Today is my typical birthday where the kids all remembered but my hubby hasn't. He never remembers my birthday or our anniversary.
I finished the alpaca scarf over the weekend. Just needs to be blocked. This was the 3rd try because the pattern and yarn just didn't seem to like the first 2 attempts. I can finally say I just love it.

And we had a little sock situation with the grandsons. I used knitpick essentials and for some reason they shrunk. I did a few pair for N and now I'm working on socks for W.
4 yrs old with size 12 feet! I figured I'd do the same technique with W as I did with N so I'm knitting the toe in a different color and can pick it out and reknit when his foot grows. Blue because of course blue is his favorite color.
And you are never too old to try something new so I knit this pair on 2 circulars. I gotta say I love the idea of it and will probably use it for hats but not for socks. I love knitting my socks on double points. There's something so comforting about sitting and knitting socks using the same method that people have used for hundreds of years. I'm glad I tried it.

10 comments:

gypsyknits said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

There must be a "husband forget birthday virus" going around this year. But have a happy birthday in spite of his forgetfullness. But some new yarn, you deserve it!

Becky in Iowa :O) said...

Happy Birthday to You!!!! Hope your day is great. :)

KnitterBunny said...

Happy Birthday!

Eikon said...

Yaay Birthdays!

Barb said...

Happy Birthday!! WTG on trying the 2 circ method, I still have'nt tried that one yet, I love Magic Loop, but still go back to dpn's sometimes :)

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday!

Mia said...

Can't wait to see the scarf blocked.

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Karen said...

Happy belated Birthday Diane! I hope you had a great day!

Yarnsticksbooks said...

Happy Birthday!

I hope you had a wonderful day full of knittiness.

Ruth said...

Happy Birthday Diane!

I remember when my parents reached the "magic senior citizan discount" age and how excited they were. :) I guess it gives us something to look forward to.

Me? I'm just 4 years behind you, and still get bummed every time I have to choose a new age group on all those surveys.