November 11, 2008

The persian update

Working on a casual hat for me. I love the colors of this yarn. I bought it at my last trip to Webs for $2.99 a skein. I'm thinking of mittens to match but I'll have to think about it.
If you haven't guessed already I tend to get obsessed with some types of knitting. I'll be lace knitting and working on 3 different lace things. Get into hat making and I'll make 4 or 5. We won't even speak about socks because that's waaaaay past an obsession. So when a woman on Ravelry said that they were trying to collect 850 mini stockings by November 30th for the troops I had to give it a try.
Cute? I have no idea when this yarn was bought or how exactly it ended up in my stash. I honestly don't remember buying it much less buying 6 skeins of it.

Anyways I can get 17 stockings out of this skein of super saver. Finished one skein and since I'm still obsessed with the project I'm working on a second skein.

My foster baby Jefferson was adopted yesterday. The poor baby was so upset about getting put in the car carrier. The last time he was in one he ended up at the vet, flea dipped, groomed, shots, neutered, and generally manhandled. Quite a change from living in a mattress box spring. The woman who adopted him was lovely and I'm sure he'll be very happy in his new house.
Rosie and Jasper are doing much better without Jefferson here. They seem to be coming out a little more and eating well. Jefferson use to run to the food and eat like he'd never eat again; a clear sign that food was in short supply before he came here.
I was grooming Rosie last night and she knocked the brush right out of my hand, hissed, and glared at me like "What the hell do you think you are doing!?!?!" I laughed. Last week when she came to my house for the first time she wouldn't even look at me. Now she thinks she's the boss.

Jasper has come a long way. He will actually let me sit him on my lap and pet him. He's lighter than Rosie in coloring and weight. Jasper is actually very thin under all that fur so hopefully he'll start to fatten up a little now that food is always there for him. He has a sweet personality and will make a wonderful friend for someone. He seems to like to be brushed and doesn't mind me too much after all.
It's heartbreaking to think of these cats being so neglected but I have to say they have all turned around to be very trusting and loving. I thought it would take weeks even months for them to trust again but these Persians seem to settle in fast. I know they'll do well no matter where they end up.




7 comments:

Lovs2Knit said...

Our troops will love the mini stockings. Any little pieces of home make things so much easier. :)

Those wonderful kitties are so lucky to have to love them while they are waiting to find their furever home.

Ria said...

Great stocking! Those kitties are too adorable!

Anonymous said...

The mini stockings will make a cute gift for the troops.

Rosie and Jasper are so cute. I still can't believe these cats were that neglected and living in a box spring. They've adapted quickly though.

Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

I think they adapted so quickly because of you and how you treated them:) Love the latest knitting:)

Lynn said...

Ok you can see the ticked off look in Rosie's eyes! LOL And Jasper looks SO sweet! I agree, they are taking to you very well. and hopefully Jefferson will snuggle in with his owner when he is the only one who gets to eat from a bowl! LOL

Vivian said...

I'm always amuzed when I find "surprise" yarn in my stash. It's good, more knitting!

gypsyknits said...

I like that red heart color. I can't find that here in small town America:). 6 skeins. Were you going to make an afghan?
Persians are such sweet kittys. So glad one has been adopted and now begin to live a real cat's life:)