November 18, 2008

It's about time

Oscar says: It's about time that this house is a foster kitten/cat free zone. You have wasted totally too much time on those creatures when you could have been catering to my every whim ... and I have many whims.
Yes Jasper and Rosie have been adopted by a warm and loving woman who lost her beloved persian last year. They will have a happy home life with Karen and her hubby. Unfortunately it's back to being far too quiet around here. The rescue group is taking the last 3 persians out of the breeder's house tonight so hopefully I won't be lonely for too long.
I started some christmas knitting. These will be for my 2nd brother. I've knit socks for his wife and she just raves about them so I think he might actually wear them. His favorite colors are grey, navy, and black but there's no way I'm knitting boring. I'll be making socks for his son in law too who's favorite colors are grey, navy, and black. No I won't be making him boring socks either. They've got some nice dark tones so it should be ok.
My niece's christmas socks have been started too. Her favorite color is orange so I went with this Opal blend of brown and orange. Kind of funky. Hopefully she'll like them. The nice thing about socks is you just have to make one pair for a person. If they like them then you hear about how hard it is for them to have to go without while the socks are in the wash. Then you know that hand knit socks will be appreciated every time.
I had some yarn left over so I whipped up a quick baby hat for a coworker's granddaughter. I love anything that ends in a knotted I-cord on little kids.
D2 was happy to come home from school and see this ....
clean bathroom free of cats and their mess. She needs to enjoy it while she can because I'm sure there will be more coming soon.




7 comments:

Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

looking at Oscar's photo brings to mind the old saying "Every picture tells a story" hos definately is a determined look:)
Great knitting there, love the man socks colours especially

Anonymous said...

Poor Oscar. He really does look like he's seen too many kittens.

Pretty socks! Rick likes his handknit socks but I've only knit boring ones for him. I'm always amazed that I finish them.

gypsyknits said...

Oscar does look quite contented to have "his" home back.
So glad the kittens were adopted so quickly. They'll live like royalty now, I'm sure:)

Love the socks and you're right black/grey is b-o-r-i-n-g!

monica said...

Oscar looks more than ready for a kitty break, even if just for a few days.
The socks look great.

Maureen said...

Love all the sock plans. Yarn you picked is wonderful. I love the greens and purples! Is the house too quiet for you?

Anonymous said...

Between the cat rescues and your knitting, I don't know how you have time for anything else. But the knitting is beautiful and the cats certainly seem happy and content, so I guess it works for you and that's all that matter. Have a good week. :)

Vivian said...

Love your baby hat. Sometimes I knit a very long I cord at the end and make a top knot.