As I casted on pair #8 for my grandsons I decided that I needed a break from making 12 pair of identical socks. So I decided to work on one other project.
I selected a 5 hr baby sweater just for fun. I don't know anyone having a baby but I felt soooo much better after making this. I figured out how to make a hat to match too. D1 saw it and now wants one for little Missy A. I think 2 or 3 more repeats in the yoke, longer arms and a longer body should do the trick. The yarn is Hockey Pokey in a pretty cool lime color. Not a traditional baby color but I love it. Missy A's will be out of the same yarn and I expect that the hat will be off her head more than on. She's not a big hat wearer.And then somehow this yarn ended up on a set of empty needles Saturday morning. I'm not a fan of pastels but I do like these socks. These will be all mine when I'm done.
Then last night I started this jumper for little Missy A. So far I've gotten rid of the pattern of random purls thrown in on the main part of the jumper (they looked stupid in my opinion) and changed the cables from baby cables in ribbing to 2X2 more meaty cables. The cottonease is very soft to work with although I am having a little trouble with splitty stitches. Not sure if it's the yarn, the knit pick options needles with their pointy ends, or me. Probably a combination of all 3. I'll pick up some cottonease in a couple other colors and embroider some flowers and leaves after I'm done just to make it look more girlie.