May 20, 2008

Should I knit or ....

I've been knitting a little bit. I finished the second black pair of socks for my dad (who is recovering nicely from surgery) and gave them away before I had a chance to take a picture. Seriously like a pair of black socks is all that interesting? Don't think so.
I finished knitting these last night just before bed. A pair of woman's size 6 that will get put in the box to send off to the cheyenne river sioux project. Left over black for the cuff and knitpicks essential for the rest.
And I started this project while I was on a conference call this morning. It's a toy for my two new friends .....
These little ones are my first foster kittens. I while back I was reading in the paper that a feral cat group in my town was looking for foster homes before kitten season started. I called to volunteer. These two were delivered Sunday.

This picture was taken this morning. They now have the run of the upstairs bathroom.

This was Sunday when they wouldn't even come out of the corner of the cage because they were frightened.
And yesterday after a lot of petting and cuddling they were comfortable enough to venture out to the food dish for something to eat.
No names because they aren't my babies to name. I'll have them for probably 4-5 weeks before they go live with their new families (yet to be determined).

I have to admit that having them in the house certainly has lifted my spirits a bit so maybe I'll be back to knitting away soon. Well, at least I've gotten back to yarn buying .... my latest order placed this morning from Ray. More lace yarn. Think I've got a lace addiction which is now taking time away from my sock addiction.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such sweet baby faces on kitty 1 and kitty 2.

Glad they are warming up to you! Bless you for taking in these little helpless guys/girls.

Quasi said...

How can you bear to give these little ones up?! Although I certainly wouldn't want kittens in MY house right now -- I want all the attention for me! I’d like to tell you that my hilariously funny book, The World Is Your Litter Box, is in bookstores now and is also available on Amazon. The book is cleverly disguised as a cute cat book so humans will buy it, but is, in fact, a how-to manual FOR cats. Check it out on my website, www.theworldisyourlitterbox.com.

Lynn said...

OMG those kittens are adorable!!!! How you can give them back is amazing to me. Glad to hear that your dad did well with his surgery. and great socks as usual.

Lovs2Knit said...

Oh cute, cute, cute! I want to take them home. Course the allergies keep telling me "No! Are you crazy woman!"

Anonymous said...

Oh the kittens are so cute! Kittens are good at cheering people up.

I'm glad your dad's surgery went well.

Anonymous said...

Oh my, they are too cute. Definitely give them names (IMO) as I think it helps them feel loved to have their own names. My adopted kitty, Mamoko, had the name Moses before I got him. I just chose Mamoko because it had an appropriate meaning in Japanese (pure child of mourning--since he was gotten in a state of mourning after my cat Cyrano had died just a week earlier. I wanted to recognize the fact that he was a child of love and mourning; someone important to help heal the wounds of the loss of my dear Cyrano.) Furthermore, his name had the "MO" sound in it like MOses so he adapted just fine. I also think cats will eventually take on whatever name you decide to call them--think of all the nicknames they respond to!

monica said...

I am so glad to hear your dad is recovering well after his surgery. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

The socks look wonderful as usual.

And those kitties are adorable. Do the other cats stalk around the bathroom door, wondering what is going on in there. I think it is wonderful that you are a kitty foster mom. i don't know if I could give them away after 5 weeks.

T said...

Glad your dad is doing well. Bless you for doing black socks - black is strictly a 'sunny day by the window' project for me.

The kittens are gorgeous.

Run as fast and far as you can from the lace if you don't want to be addicted. It's taken over the knitting at my house. I'm just trying to figure out how to justify making a merino lace shawl for a 2 month old baby.

Karen said...

Glad to hear your father is doing well. I don't think I could foster kitties, I wouldn't want to give them back.

Maureen said...

Those little buggers are so cute!! I loved when I had the kitten, but now she can be a real moster! :) Those are ooo and ahhh pictures! Can't ait to see some more knitting!

Ruth's Place said...

They are very cute!

Eikon said...

I am totally not a cat person but those are rather adorable kittens.

gypsyknits said...

Oh, I am so partial to calicos. I have a calico aptly named "the old one". She is 14 yrs old now and still going strong. Those kittens are adorable:)

Deborah said...

I adore kittens, I wish I wasn't allergic :(