May 26, 2008

Did you know ....

that Joann's has sales of specific colors of yarn? Well I was in Waterbury with a little time to kill and I ended up at Joann's looking for acrylic for some charity knitting. I usually don't poke around the store but since I was in no hurry I spent some time walking up and down the aisles. I noticed that they have bins of yarn but only one or two colors was on sale while the rest was full price. Interesting ............
Bernat denimstyle in white, shades of blue and shades of green for $1.97 a skein.
Patons astra at $1.97 a skein. Lion wool grey for $2.97 a skein.
Sensations rainbow boucle for $5.00 a skein. All for a total of $49.43 minus a 10% discount. Should keep me knitting along for a while.
I've been working on this irish cable scarf which is coming out great ... that is when I'm not playing with my kittens. They are getting so big. I played with them for about an hour this morning .... and they fell asleep in my lap.
Oscar says: I hate those kittens. Well, not that I've seen them but I hate them anyways. And I hate you for spending all that money on yarn instead of cat treats for me.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Oscar --- no treats and no attention. No wonder he's looking a little put out!

Nice purchases. Love the denim yarn.

Anonymous said...

Poor Oscar, kittens in the house and no treats. I love it when I just happen to come upon sale yarn.

monica said...

what a great sale. We have a smal JoAnn's and they don't carry many of the different yarns the larger stores carry.

Poor Oscar, so neglected.

Lynn said...

Yes Joann's is funny that way. If one color isnt selling enough, POOF, off to clearance it goes!! I was hoping to get there for some stuff to use their 10% coupon but I never made it. Great stashing, esp that wool. LionWool isn't cheap!

Lynn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
gypsyknits said...

Yarn for you and no treats for Oscar? Plus he must deal with knowing there are kittens in the house? tsk, tsk.....LOL

Great stash enhancement you have there. That's certainly more yarn than my rinky dinky Joanns has in the whole store!