March 25, 2008

Easter ... the crafty holiday

"Gram, I have these flowers for you. They aren't real so don't water them." Can you spot the not real flowers? Just adorable. Joey says: Yes I'm sitting on the table outside. And it's too cold for you to do anything about it.
And my niece was crafty too. She made these cards decorating them inside and out. My hubby's friend was over to share Easter dinner with us (after spending part of the day camped out on his couch watching sports) made a comment "Someone has too much time on their hands."
What a stupid thing to say! To take time to create something beautiful and share it with others is a wonderful gift. And really couch potato watching sport vs my beautiful niece and her hubby sharing the day with us ..... I'll that the beautiful niece and her hubby any day.
Wilson and Mr Potatohead went to school yesterday to be graded by the teacher. They both received A's. Mr Potatohead is now living in my room and Wilson has been gifted to my youngest daughter. She'll be going away to school in September and D2 thought she might need a friend. Hey it worked for Tom Hanks.

8 comments:

Vivian said...

What lovely Easter gifts you got! Daffodil is my favorite spring flower.

Metro Mari said...

Nice pressies! I love Daffodils too...the minute I see them I forgot to be grumpy!! Thanks for visiting my blog! That was one of the dresses I made for Mimi.

Just A Knit Wit said...

See... this is why people shouldn't be allowed to talk at certain times. I hope you at least gave him a good glare.

The cards and flowers are adorable.

monica said...

Don't water them, too cute.
They cards are really sweet too.

Congrats to daughter on the A projects.

Ruth's Place said...

The cards are really cute. I make all my own cards, and I often wonder how they are received here where it's not common.

S. said...

Got your swap package yesterday. it's great!!! I love everything that's in it!! Thank you soooo much!

Anonymous said...

What cute Easter gifts! I love it when someone takes the time to make me something. There's something special about a handmade card.

Karen said...

Your real and not real flowers are lovely. What cute cards!