January 15, 2008

D2's new tattoos

I'll start off by saying that I don't have any tattoos. I don't find them offensive but it's been my choice not to have any tattoos. I think some tattoos are beautiful, well thought out symbols of a part of life, hobby, or a special person. Others are more than a little stupid.
My friend's son had a tattoo put around his arm. "It's a tribal band" he explained. "What's your tribe?" I asked. Eyes rolled and no explanation followed. I would have expected to hear, "I love how it looks" but no explanation said that his friends were getting them and being one of the cool kids he went along with the group.
D2 is into tattoos. She has one on her left leg of a baby smurf stacking blocks. On the blocks are her name and date of birth. I don't care for it but it's got meaning to her. On her right back shoulder are a couple of cherries. Lower back is Senior Frog (a bar logo) and on her front right hip is the first initial of her name. I don't really care for any of them but it's her body and when she gets married it'll be up to her to try to cover up a big red frog on her lower back.
That being said .....

these would probably make more sense if they were on a 3 yr old instead of a 23 yr old. I don't get it.

Secret knitting has been happening. Contest next week about it.

5 comments:

Becky in Iowa :O) said...

Your daughter sounds like a hoot.

I would love to have a tattoo, but I'm too cheap to pay for one. hehe Plus, the idea of the pain just freaks me out.

Anonymous said...

I've seen some tattoo I like but I'm just not a tattoo kind of girl. ...not to mention the needles. ;)

Metro Mari said...

Thanks for visiting me! Meemahood is the best! My son is big into tattoos..he is a chef and it seems to be big in that industry. I don't get it, but as long as he keeps it off the face and neck I won't complain. There are worse things he could do I am sure! That and fire dancing (cringe!)

Vivian said...

Now I got it, Left and Right! :-)

I'm way too old to even think about my date of birth, not to mention looking at it, or worse, letting other people look at it.

You are right, it's her body and she'll have to explain it. but what if she marries a tattoo artist ... scary thought, mom.

gypsyknits said...

I'm with you, I don't get it either.