May 04, 2009

Don't be looking for me at ...

the humanitarian of the year awards ceremony any time soon. My track record lately is less than stellar ........

1) Tanner got out again over the weekend. I was a terrible foster kitty mama because I didn't look for him at all, didn't set out traps, didn't put out his beloved can food, and didn't call the cat group to let them know their cat was missing. He was out for 2 days and when he finally decided he had roughed it enough he came inside.
2) Milo got out too. Of course if you chase the dog he thinks it's a game and this 50 yr old asthmatic doesn't stand a chance against a little hyper 16 lb dog. Instead I swore, caught his eye, and walked the other way toward the door. Milo of course is nosey and had to see where I was going. I opened the door, he ran inside and I closed it after.

3) Speaking of Milo, I took him to the vet and didn't think to ask for a female vet when I made the appointment. Milo hates men so he almost bit the vet.

4) My brother broke up with his longtime girlfriend. We're happy because while she was a nice person the two of them together weren't a good combination. He's a giver, she's a taker, and she took everything she could. Of course the timing is awful because her mom is at the end of hospice care for cancer. She told my brother he was the worst person on the face of the earth. This is not true. I'm the worst person on the face of the earth because I thought she made up the entire cancer story. Well when you tell 99 half truths and whole lies how am I suppose to know the hundredth thing out of your mouth is true.

So that's it from around these parts. If the rain stops sometime this month I'll be happy. Wet dogs are no fun to be around. Still knitting and one of these days I'll grab my camera to snap a pic of all the baby socks for A4A.

6 comments:

sophanne said...

humanitarian shumanitarian- I think you've got serious potential as a cat psychotherapist.

There's really never a good time to end a not great relationship- except for maybe yesterday and tomorrow that will be so.

Ria said...

everyone is entitled to a few bad days. As to your brother, if she is a chronic liar, I think, when he needed to get free, sometimes you need to do that and the timing is unfortunate.

Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

Now you see I think youa re a good foster mama. If you had set traps or chased he wouldn't have come back. He had to try the outside world to appreciate what he has:)
Sorry about your brother but he did what is right for him,to thine own self be true
Hugs
amber

Sydney said...

Well maybe humanitarian of the year awards are overrated. :) You did what you did. Everything worked out. I'm sorry about your brother and his girlfriend. There's never a good time for a breakup. Take care!

Maureen said...

Hope things are getting better. Not sure what is happening this month and the last, but things have been crazy all over! Take care!

Lovs2Knit said...

Your a good foster mommy! You just had a couple of bad days. As far as your brothers girlfriend....well you reap what you sow. If you're going to lie all the time, don't expect people to believe you when you finally do tell the truth. Sheesh!! (((hugs)))