October 16, 2008

This and that

Foster kitten Coal is having a grand time now that he's the only kitten around. His favorite thing to do every evening is to watch the fire in the fireplace. He's so cute.
I'm involved in a ravelry group traveling scarf thing and this is my part for my scarf. I kind of remember buying the yarn but don't remember what I was going to use it for. How did I decide on knitpick eggplant? I reached into a box of yarn and pulled it out without looking.
Coal says: Your cell phone? I thought it was my cell phone. Don't you know that everything in the house is mine? When you're a kitten everything is a kitten toy.
And while I know I should probably be actually finishing some of the projects I've got going on I find myself starting other stuff anyways. Like this feather and fan scarf I started on Sunday using Ray's wonderful lace yarn. The colorways is graffiti which I thought might be a little busy for feather and fan but as Rachel Zoe would say, It's bananas.
I've got at least 5 hrs on this 5 hr baby sweater and as you can see all I'm missing is sleeves. What a wild color. Not traditional baby stuff but I love how babies look in vivid colors.
Gotta go see what Coal is knocking over now.

5 comments:

Vivian said...

The baby sweater looks very cute, love the color! The sleeves will go very fast.

Anonymous said...

I like the baby sweater. You shouldn't have too much longer to finish.

Kittens can play with anything anytime.

gypsyknits said...

Coal seems to know exactly what he wants to do:) Play!

I love the color of the baby sweater. 5 hours? I was afraid it would take longer. But it is cute.
Now hide the yarn before Coal finds it.........

monica said...

That Coal is sure a cutie.
I like the bright colors for baby clothes too and am always so happy when I am asked to make something in "not pastel". You will have it finished in no time

Maureen said...

Love all the current projects! Coal is adorable!